One of the most misunderstood animals in the world is the pig. Pot bellied pigs are clean, intelligent and devoted beings.
Lulu the pot bellied pig showed the world just how loving and heroic the unsung pigs of the world could be.
A woman named JoAnn was pig-sitting Lulu for her daughter and the two developed a friendship. Everything was going fine when suddenly JoAnn suffered a major heart attack and fell to the ground unable to move and unable to get help. Knowing that her life was in danger, JoAnn called for help but no one could hear her.
Lulu somehow also knew her friend’s life was in danger. She ran out of the house to find help. Unable to find anyone to help, Lulu ran into the middle of the street and laid down, stopping traffic. Passersby paid no attention to the frantic pig but Lulu refused to give up. She returned to the house several times to check on JoAnn but kept running out of the house to find help. Finally someone noticed something was wrong and followed Lulu back to the house and called 911 for JoAnn. The paramedics rushed JoAnn to the hospital and she survived. JoAnn enjoys life everyday thanks to the heroic acts of one loving pig.
Lulu was honored with the ASPCA‘s Trooper Award for bravery.
“I’m extremely lucky to be alive,” says Jo Ann. “Lulu saved my life”
Search the site
Connect with Andrea Kladar via Instagram here:
No Instagram images were found.
- Why I decided to stop harming animals in less than 60 seconds
- 10 Easy Vegan Recipes Everyone Should Know…Yes, EVERYONE!
- How I finally got myself in shape for a fitness competition
- How to Argue Against Vegans – By Benny Malone
- Vegan Global Run – worldwide run for vegans
- Being a natural early riser or late sleeper can affect your athletic performance
- Eating Animals: addressing our most common justifications
- Why People Who Love Animals, Eat Animals – And What You Can Do to Change That ~ by Dr. Melanie Joy
100 FOR 100 Movement on Strava – member leader board:
US CITIZENS – for a tax deductible donation click here:
MONEY RAISED in 2013 by Andrea Kladar: $14,192
Latest runs by members of the 100 FOR 100 Movement